Thursday, May 22, 2008

American Idol is Terrible

I didn't get around to a post yesterday, so let me apologize to my loyal reader. Now on to American Idol.

Can someone tell me what the big deal is with American Idol? Do fans of the show claim to be fans of "good music" and that's why they watch it? Wasn't there a rock guy once and a country person and most people are just pop music? I don't mind pop music when it's good or catchy, maybe even just acceptable but we're getting ridiculous here.

I don't understand it. Everyone sits there and watches unknown people sing other peoples songs and everyone loves it no matter what people sing. What's even worse is that they just stand there, it's not like there's some big spectacle going on. It doesn't matter if you win as long as you're just on the show. People seem to buy whatever the show tells them to. You could probably have an American Idol radio station where the songs are only from people who have been on the show and it would probably get good ratings. Even is a single is good I'm sure they couldn't sustain an entire album.

Music is in a terrible state as it is. I don't see why people can't find their own music this day and age. Find something you actually like and not what TV tells you to like. I just don't get it. It's certainly NOT good music. This is like a Josie and the Pussycats movie mind control thing (shut up it's a fun movie). Kelly Clarkson is kind of nice though, in pop terms.

Hey American Idol fans, I heard there's a big concert going on at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Just find the highest point and jump to get to it. It'll be nice...for everyone.

In other news, apparently New Kids on the Block are popular again. Okay.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

No comments: