Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bikes on the Subway

Why do people insist on bringing bikes onto the subway? A bike is for transportation juts like a subway. So it's a little confusing to me when you have to combine them. Where are these people going that carrying a bike down stairs, through a gate, cramming it on a crowded train, carrying it through another gate and then back up the stairs is easier than just riding it there? Did you mistake a bike for a suitcase somehow?

NYC is not that big, where are you coming from or going to that you just can’t use the bike or the train? It’s especially irritating when I see people decked out in stupid bike gear and get on the subway with me and then get off with me like five stops later. That’s EXACTLY what the bike is for and they even dressed for it! COME ON!!! Bikes can go anywhere that the train can. You’re not going over mountains, you don’t have to swim through water so just get on the goddamn bike to where your going.

Stop taking up room for five people, and especially stop bringing bikes on the subway during rush hour. I wish I could drive my car into the subway and be like “Oh I’m just getting off soon, there was traffic, hope I’m not taking up too much room.” Seriously. Think about what you’re doing.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

No comments: