Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Retarded Athletes ESPN Moments

Now, I don’t mean to be a jerk about this but it’s getting rather annoying…Here’s what’s going on:

I’m sitting at home watching SportsCenter thinking I’m going to hear some trade news, see some highlights or hear that they finally realized baseball is a boring sport and ban it from TV. But that’s not what I hear. What is it that I do hear? A “heartwarming” story about a kid with no legs who got to play wheelchair basketball with some NBA player or a kid with cancer who got to meet a baseball player or a retarded kid who is infatuated with race horses.

Okay yeah it’s nice that this kids get their Make A Wish thing and I don’t what then to die or anything but I really have no interest in hearing about retarded athletes playing 6th grade tee-ball or a kid with a disease shooting free throws with Shaquille O’ Neal (and probably shooting better than Shaq too).

Yeah great, this 12 year old kid is playing ball, great success. I’m glad he’s happy but I don’t need to see it. This is something you show at like 3:30am, not 7am or 7pm. Seriously. And what’s with the team saying “We love Corky he’s the heart of the team!” Are they really going to go out partying with him when they’re seniors? Maybe…but I doubt it. Again, not being a jerk, just look at it honestly.

Why do we have to work in a PSA and/or some goodwill PR at PRIME score/highlight catch up times? I really doubt the ESPN audience is clamoring for more “heartfelt” stories. It’s also doesn’t set a great tone for the rest of the day. Come on now, you know it’s true.

Also, I’d just like to throw in there that no one cares about the WNBA either. It’s true. You know it. Get over it.

DiggIt!Add to del.icio.usAdd to Technorati Faves

No comments: